Translations:How to translate a page/7/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Once logged in, follow the following steps:
- Go on the page you want to translate, for instance, the Main Page,
- Click on the link "Translate this page" at the top of the page,
- In the top right-hand corner click on the blue link "English" (in "Translate to English") to change the target language. For instance, if you want to translate the page into Hindi, write "Hindi",
- Two columns will appear: on the left, the original English language content, on the right, the content in your target language, which is probably blank if you're starting a new translation,
- Click on one English paragraph on the left, a text field appears, translate the content, and then click on "Publish translation".
- Make sure you keep Mediawiki text formatting such as = for titles. For more information on Mediawiki text formatting, click here.